Designed by Shreve, Lamb & Harmon in 1967 as the headquarters of the American Tobacco Company, 245 Park Avenue occupies an entire city block between East 46th and 47th Streets, one block from Grand Central Station. The 48-story, 1.8 million-square-foot tower offers unobstructed Midtown and East River views.
245 Park Avenue’s current owners – Brookfield Properties – recently put the tower through a rigorous retrofit program resulting in multiple awards and recognitions, from LEED-EB and Energy Star ratings to BOMA accolades. The renovation included installing efficient HVAC systems that far exceed New York City building code requirements and implementing both recycling and green cleaning programs. 245 Park Avenue’s lobby was also renovated. And the tower’s presence on Park Avenue is unsurpassed: an outdoor plaza is available for both tenant and public use.
Notable tenants at 245 Park Avenue include J.P. Morgan Chase and Major League Baseball.
- 245 Park Ave, New York, New York
- Grand Central
- LEED–EB: OM 2009, Gold; Energy Star
- Brookfield Properties
- Shreve, Lamb and Harmon
- Year Built
- Square Footage
- 1.8 million square feet; floor plates range from 36,000–45,000 square feet
- Earned Energy Stars in 2011 (84) and 2010 (82); 2001 BOMA Pinnacle Award for Renovated Building
- BOMA 360 Designation
- Green Cleaning Program
- MACH Energy Management Tool
- Superior Indoor Air Quality