Designed originally in 1913 by by McKenzie Vorhees and Gmelin Architects, 148 Lafayette Street’s 2008 renovation was executed by the renowned Cook + Fox and earned LEED Gold certification under the LEED for Core and Shell rating system. So successful was the project that 148 Lafayette Street was fully leased within sixteen months of its upgrade’s completion.
148 Lafayette Street is now a state-of-the-art, 21st century office building, featuring a digital, tenant-controlled HVAC system, efficient plumbing fixtures, recycled-content and low-VOC building materials, a green roof, and a 5200-square-foot rooftop penthouse.
Panoramic, energy-efficient windows – whose dimensions are 5 feet by 9 feet on most floors – provide tenants with stunning views of lower Manhattan. Each floor at 148 Lafayette Street – which includes 12,000 square feet of office space on average – features exposed brick walls, refinished hardwood floors, and restrooms with showers, and is served by a new high-speed elevator system from a renovated lobby.
- 148 Lafayette St, New York, New York
- LEED–CS, Gold; Energy Star 2010–77
- Property Group Partners
- McKenzie Vorhees and Gmelin Architects, renovation by Cook + Fox
- Year Built
- 1913, renovated in 2008
- Square Footage
- 155,000 total square feet
- Digital, tenant–controlled HVAC system; 5200–square–foot rooftop penthouse.
- Efficient plumbing fixtures
- Green Roof
- Recycled-content and low-VOC building materials