- Is USGBC’s LEED for Homes program too expensive?
- Syracuse breaks ground on another LEED project , converting a parking garage into a two-story office building
- 2008-09 legislative session in New Jersey features number of green building initiatives
- New York City expands street corner public space recycling program by 105 bins
- While his LEED-hopeful Atlantic Yards project continues to slowly unravel, another "green" Bruce Ratner project- 80 DeKalb Avenue- is rising in Fort Greene
- New code of conduct adopted for aspiring wind power developers in New York State
- ING New York City Marathon goes green for 2008 with biodiesel generators and expanded recycling efforts
- SL Green inks tenant at LEED-EB hopeful 1515 Broadway
- Neil Denari’s LEED Gold HL23 project continues to rise at West 23rd Street and 10th Avenue
HL23 and 80 DeKalb Avenue Under Construction, New Jersey Green Building Legislation, & Greening the Marathon
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of October 26, 2008, including construction progress at two LEED hopeful residential projects- Neil Denari’s HL23 in Chelsea and the Costas Kondylis-designed 80 DeKalb Avenue in Fort Greene, an overview of pending green building legislative initiatives in New Jersey, efforts to green the 2008 New York City Marathon, and a new code of conduct for two aspiring New York State wind power developers.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...