Harlem’s first new office tower since 1973 is about to rise from the site of a former parking lot on the corner of 125th Street and Park Avenue. Designed by Swanke Hayden Connell Architects, the twenty-one story, 600,000 square foot Harlem Tower will seek a LEED Silver rating and is developer Vornado’s first project in Manhattan north of Central Park. Green features include a low-flow plumbing system and natural light that will reach seventy-five percent of interior occupied spaces. Architectural Record called the design “an irregular composition of stacked boxes- like Jenga blocks- that temper the building’s stature.” Integrating the building into the context of the neighborhood was critical for Swanke Hayden given the intense opposition to a previous plan for the site that involved a fifty-one story hotel. The renderings of the building thus far suggest that the tower will vigorously demonstrate that green architecture and great architecture are not mutually exclusive.
Monday LEEDoff: Harlem Tower Seeks Silver at 125th and Park
Harlem’s first new office tower since 1973 is about to rise from the site of a former parking lot on the corner of 125th Street and Park Avenue. Designed by Swanke Hayden Connell Architects, the twenty-one story, 600,000 square foot Harlem Tower will seek a LEED Silver rating and is developer Vornado’s first project in [...]
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...