Originally designed by architects Clinton & Russell, the 12-story, 365,000-square-foot tower features 30,000-square-foot floor plates and is owned by W&H Properties. Malkin Properties, which supervises W&H’s portfolio, completed a $71 million upgrade program at the property in 2009. The renovation included a new lobby, elevators, and energy-efficient glazing, renovated restrooms, and upgraded electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and security systems.
The renovation repositioned 1333 Broadway from a loft building to a modern, Class A office building. 1333 Broadway’s new lobby is both technologically advanced and deferential to the original plaster ceiling moldings and exterior metal detailing. The elevator banks were expanded from three passenger cabs to five. And a new bronze entrance and awning, framed in limestone and granite, echoes the design of 1333 Broadway’s original metal entrance portal.
- 1333 Broadway, New York, New York
- Herald Square
- Energy Star 2011–85
- W&H Properties
- Clinton & Russell, renovation by Fifield Piaker Elman
- Year Built
- Square Footage
- 365,000 square feet; 30,000–square–foot floor plates
- Energy Star awarded in 2011 (85); $71 million upgrade completed in 2009; former garment manufacturing facility
- New Elevator Cabs
- New Energy-Efficient Windows
- New Lobby
- Upgraded Building Systems