Designed in 1923 by Starrett & Van Vleck, 11 Penn Plaza stands 23 stories high, boasts 23 elevators, and holds over 1.1 million square feet of commercial office space that’s conveniently located across the street from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.
But 11 Penn Plaza’s mass transit access and easy walk across the street for Knick and Ranger games aren’t its only attractions: certified Silver under USGBC’s LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance rating system, the building features two 1200-ton York absorption chillers and 50 state-of-the-art video conferencing rooms. Vornado recently completed a $330 million refinancing of 11 Penn Plaza.
Notable office tenants include Macy’s, Madison Square Garden, and Rainbow Media Holdings, Inc.
- 11 Penn Plaza, New York, New York
- Penn Plaza
- LEED–EB: OM, Silver; Energy Star
- Vornado Realty Trust
- Starrett & Van Vleck
- Year Built
- Square Footage
- 1.1 million square feet; floor plates range from 20,000 to 60,000 square feet
- Immediate access to Penn Station; renovated lobby; Energy Star awarded in 2011 (82) and 2008 (81)
- Electronic Waste Recycling
- Green Cleaning