- Morris Adjmi’s LEED Gold hopeful 450 West 14th Street tops out .
- Jones Lang LaSalle to manage green retrofit program at Empire State Building and will seek LEED-EB Gold rating from USGBC.
- Mayor Bloomberg’s East 79th Street townhouse not very gree n.
- First multi-story industrial LEED building in the country opens: $25 million, LEED-CS Silver hopeful Perry Building at Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Units at 100 Gold Street are now on the market .
LEED-EB at ESB, Bloomberg’s Not-So-Green Townhouse, & Perry Building Unveiled at Navy Yard
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of April 5, 2009, including a green retrofit program at the Empire State Building which is aiming for a LEED-EB Gold rating from USGBC, Mayor Bloomberg’s Upper East Side townhouse that lacks higher profile energy efficiency features, and the grand opening of the country’s first multi-story industrial property: the LEED-CS Silver hopeful Perry Building in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Green Power Hits the Radio Waves ... Affects Construction Industry | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] heating equipment trade organizations, contr...
- LEED Revocation and De-Certification: What Do the Experts Say? | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] Stephen Del Percio, Green Real Estate Law Jo...
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...