- Construction is progressing at LEED Platinum hopeful Riverhouse condominium’s $11 million Poets House poetry library.
- Governor Paterson reconsidering New York’s participation in Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
- Extell files plans with city for LEED-certified hotel and condominium development on West 57th Street.
- DirecTV takes additional 13,000 square feet at 1 Rockefeller Plaza.
- Long Island Power Authority moving forward with plans for 50 megawatt solar array in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- New York wants stimulus dollars for Moynihan Station project.
- Grolsch partners with Build It Green to create green Art Bar at Armory Arts Week.
Stimulus for Moynihan, Progress at Poets House, & Rethinking New York and RGGI
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of March 1, 2009, including Senator Schumer’s call for at least $100 million in stimulus dollars to start the Moynihan Station project, construction progress at the $11 million Poets House poetry library at LEED Platinum hopeful Riverhouse condominiums in Battery Park City, and Governor Paterson’s controversial decision to reconsider New York’s participation in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...