- New York City developers bracing for LEED 2009 .
- Taking a look at Green Depot’s new LEED Platinum hopeful store on the Bowery.
- Open letter from Macklowe Properties to industry on 510 Madison Avenue: project is on schedule and "[the building’s pursuit of LEED-certified Gold status has not been affected."
- Bailout and stimulus bills are helping to promote green design .
- New York City landlords are turning to cogeneration .
- Ellen Honigstock launches Toeprint Project , year-long effort to help reduce carbon footprints
- Green office build out for Long Island law firm Forchelli Curto.
- More coverage of Ole Sondresen’s LEED-CI hopeful Bird Boutique in Williamsburg.
- City to renovate PS 122 performing arts space to LEED Silver.
Toeprint Project, Green Depot on the Bowery, & 510 Madison on Schedule
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of February 22, 2009, including the launch of a carbon footprint tracking project by Brooklyn-based Ellen Honigstock Architect, P.C., a closer look at Green Depot’s new LEED Platinum hopeful store on the Bowery, and an open letter to the commercial real estate industry from Macklowe Properties about the progress of its LEED Gold hopeful 510 Madison Avenue project.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...