- Construction work continues at 4 World Trade Center , the Fumihiko Maki-designed, LEED Gold hopeful 150 Greenwich Street.
- Boston Properties suspends construction work (currently proceeding through foundations) at LEED Gold hopeful 250 West 55th Street after law firm Proskauer Rose backs out of lease.
- Construction also progressing at affordable, LEED Platinum hopeful 575 Fifth Avenue in Park Slope.
- Video tour of microturbine installations at 399 Lafayette Street’s Astor Wine & Spirits.
- New York State’s seventh LEED Platinum-certified building is Barton Group’s corporate headquarters in Glens Falls.
BXP Suspends 250 West 55th Street, Progress at 4 WTC & 575 Fifth Avenue, & Astor Wine & Spirits Microturbine Video
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of February 1, 2009, including construction progress at 4 World Trade Center (Fumihiko Mark’s 150 Greenwich Street) and LEED Platinum hopeful 575 Fifth Avenue, construction suspension at LEED Gold hopeful 250 West 55th Street thanks to a leasing casualty of the Wall Street crisis, and a video tour of the green design features at 399 Lafayette Street’s Astor Wine & Spirits.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...