- Panel claims downturn will not impact green building in New York City
- Four-story, LEED Gold sports institute medical facility planned for New York Jets’ training facility in Florham Park, New Jersey
- South Jersey Technology Park at Rowan University earns LEED Silver certification from USGBC
- New York Times in talks for sale-leaseback to W.P. Carey & Co. of 19 out of its 25 green floors at 620 Eighth Avenue headquarters tower
- $61 million in tax credits – originally slated for JPMorgan’s ill-fated LEED Platinum Beer Belly Building – up for grabs for anyone at World Trade Center site
- “Growing and Greening New York” exhibition now open through April 22 at Museum of the City of New York
- Deadline for Related to enter into agreement with MTA for Hudson Yards rapidly approaching
Recession’s Impact on Local Green Building, $61M in Incentives at Ground Zero, & Sale-Leaseback at Times Tower?
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of January 18, 2009, including thoughts from a panel of local experts regarding the recession’s impact on local green real estate, $61 million in tax incentives at the World Trade Center site that are now up for grabs after JPMorgan’s plans for a new LEED Platinum headquarters (the Beer Belly Building) are on life support, and rumors that the New York Times, in an effort to raise cash, is on the verge of selling and leasing back 19 of the 25 stories that it owns at its green (though not LEED-certified) headquarters tower at 620 Eighth Avenue.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...