- City’s first green courthouse breaks ground in St. George section of Staten Island
- Solar panels powering Steinway & Sons factory in Long Island City funded by NYSERDA and federal tax credits
- Construction incident takes place at LEED Gold hopeful Laurel condos on East Side
- Plans for what was to be LEED Silver Harlem Park office tower by Vornado fall through
- Green condos from Coggan + Crawford taking shape on 21st Street in Brooklyn
- Only one unit remains at LEED-hopeful Greenbelt condos in East Williamsburg
- Spector Group designs green commercial fit out for ING Real Estate Finance at 230 Park Avenue
- 11 Times Square is increasing commercial office availability in Manhattan
- Facade is complete at green Sterling Green condos in Prospect Heights
- Sales suspended at green Steelworks Lofts conversion project in Williamsburg
- Profile of affordable, LEED Silver-hopeful Tapestry development in East Harlem
Green Condos Across Brooklyn Rise & Halt, Solar Power in LIC, & Profiling East Harlem’s Tapestry
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the past two weeks, including green condos in Brooklyn and commercial office space in Midtown under construction, even while plans for the LEED Silver Harlem Park office tower have fallen through, solar panels proliferating in Long Island City, a profile of the green affordable Tapestry development in East Harlem, and 11 Times Square adding to the availability of commercial office space in Manhattan.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...