- Hearst Tower wins 2008 International Highrise Award ; Norman Foster accepts 50,000 Euro prize in Frankfurt
- In addition to LEED Gold ratings, LMDC continues to explore ways to green World Trade Center redevelopment
- Energy savings at green but non-LEED-certified New York Times Tower are "stunning"
- Upper West Side Streets Renaissance campaign unveils "Blueprint for the Upper West Side: A Roadmap for Truly Livable Streets ” plan
- Recession or not, green building to keep growing (note our quote!)
- Nzinga Townhomes cut in price from original offerings , from $1.3 to $1.099 million
- Williams Real Estate panel: green building revolution is "already here"
- Greenhouse- city’s first green nightclub- opens its doors in SoHo
Greening Ground Zero, “Stunning” Energy Savings at Times Tower, & Highrise Award for Hearst Tower
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of November 10, 2008, including additional efforts to green the World Trade Center redevelopment project, on top of LEED Gold ratings for each new tower, “stunning” energy savings at the New York Times Tower on Eighth Avenue (a green, but non-LEED-certified building), the 2008 International Highrise Award to the Hearst Tower, and positive news for green building generally even in light of the economic downturn.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Hello, Silicon Triangle? Plan for Downtown Brooklyn Aims to Grow Borough’s $6B Tech Industry Monday, June 24, 2013
- Cornell NYC Tech to Bring Net Zero, LEED Platinum to $2B Roosevelt Island Campus Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Midtown South Buzz: Tech Firm Doubles Space in Move to 200 Fifth Avenue Friday, May 3, 2013
- Mid-Sized Midtown Office Buildings Earn LEED-EB: OM Certification Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- WTC Construction Update: With Transit Hub on Horizon, Office Towers, Museum to Open By 2014 Tuesday, September 10, 2013
- Electro Blog » Supervise your competition on social media marketing web pages: [...] might help fixed your webpage upto enhance b...
- wearecommunitystrong » Blog Archive » Keep an eye on your competitors on social network webpages: [...] helping create your blog up to a whopping ta...
- norfolk network » Keep tabs on your competitors on social network internet websites: [...] might help arrange your internet site as muc...
- Computer monitor the competitors on internet marketing spots | Ios Consultants: [...] will help you put your webpage to as much as...
- Make sure to speak with your potential clients as families | Bailey Thompson Blog: [...] goal in mind for use on your social media ad...