- Hillary Swank purchases condo at Related’s LEED Gold hopeful Superior Ink condos
- Centerline Holdings looking to back out of lease at redesigned, energy efficient 1095 Sixth Avenue
- Designs revealed for Green Schools Guide-certified schools in Midtown, including P.S. 59
- Port Authority looking to allow commuters to offset their carbon emissions
- Williamsburg’s first green rental building unveiled
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative auction sells CO2 at $3.07 per ton
- Robert A.M. Stern-designed, LEED Silver hopeful Bronx Community College building breaks ground
Williamsburg’s First Green Rentals, RGGI Auction, & LEED Purchases/Groundbreakings
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of October 19, 2008, including Williamsburg’s first (though self-proclaimed) green rental building, results of the first Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Auction (CO2 at $3.07 per ton), and a high-profile purchase in Related’s LEED Gold hopeful Superior Ink condos in the West Village, as well as more green leasing turmoil in the wake of the ongoing credit crisis.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Green Power Hits the Radio Waves ... Affects Construction Industry | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] heating equipment trade organizations, contr...
- LEED Revocation and De-Certification: What Do the Experts Say? | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] Stephen Del Percio, Green Real Estate Law Jo...
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...