- Leone Design Studio practices green architecture in DUMBO.
- City is recycling parts of Shea Stadium for use in other Parks Department locations.
- New web site launches for New York City commuters to calculate their carbon footprint.
- LEED Silver hopeful Edge sets record for most expensive condo unit ever sold in Williamsburg; duplex goes for $5.145 million.
- Government of Flanders inks 10-year, 7400-square-foot lease at New York Times Tower.
- Green concrete used in construction of Revel Casino Resort in Atlantic City
- WSJ provides New York City green roof overview
- New York State ranks fifth in energy efficiency according to American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
Recycling Shea Stadium, Green Architecture in Brooklyn, Green Leases, Roofs, & Concrete
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of October 5, 2008, including the various pieces of Shea Stadium that will be recycled and sent to other Parks Department facilities, an overview of the green design philosophy of DUMBO-based Leone Design Studio, another lease at the New York Times Tower, details about New York City’s various green roofs as reported by the Wall Street Journal, and New York State’s energy efficiency ranking.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- oldschoolnewbodyf4xreview: Thank you for this article, I liked your site on t...
- Ikea, Skanska Unveil First Prefab BoKlok Show Home in Gateshead, England | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] light of MoMA’s looming exhibition on the ...
- Monday LEEDoff: Albanese’s Visionaire in Battery Park City Casts Eyes on Platinum | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] Verdesian rental building achieving LEED Pla...
- SJP Properties’ LEED Silver 11 Times Square Moving Forward Through Tighter Market | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] article also suggests that the similarly spe...
- Vornado Hopes to Swing for Groundbreaking at Harlem Tower with Major League Baseball | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] the summer, we wrote about the Swanke Hayden...