- LEED Silver hopeful Edge condos in Williamsburg stick it to our favorite maverick, Sarah Palin.
- Not all gloom and doom in commercial leasing; AOL inks 15-year lease for 76,000 square feet of additional space at LEED-AB registrant 770 Broadway.
- Regulators bless massive $1 billion, 346 megawatt offshore wind farm in southern New Jersey.
- New York City’s first electricity-powered delivery truck starts making deliveries in the Bronx; price tag a cool $216,000.00.
- Approval process begins for Related’s LEED Silver hopeful Kingsbridge Armory project in the Bronx.
- Port Authority releases updated schedule for World Trade Center redevelopment
- Councilman David Yassky and Transportation Alternatives pushing Bikes in Buildings Bill (Intro. 38, 2006) to require commercial and office buildings to offer bike access for workers.
- Green laundry machine primer.
- McMansions in New Jersey could soon be a thing of the past.
Bikes in Buildings Bill, Williamsburg’s LEED Silver Edge v. Sarah Palin, More Green Leasing, & Gotham’s First Electric Delivery Truck
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of September 28, 2008, including a push for David Yassky’s Bikes in Buildings Bill, which would require commercial and office buildings to offer bike storage space to tenants, jabs at Sarah Palin from Williamsburg’s LEED Silver hopeful Edge condo project, more space for AOL at 770 Broadway, which is pursuing a LEED for Existing Buildings rating from USGBC, and the debut of the first electric-powered delivery truck in New York City, now making the rounds from Hunts Point in the Bronx.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Hello, Silicon Triangle? Plan for Downtown Brooklyn Aims to Grow Borough’s $6B Tech Industry Monday, June 24, 2013
- Mid-Sized Midtown Office Buildings Earn LEED-EB: OM Certification Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- Cornell NYC Tech to Bring Net Zero, LEED Platinum to $2B Roosevelt Island Campus Thursday, May 23, 2013
- WTC Construction Update: With Transit Hub on Horizon, Office Towers, Museum to Open By 2014 Tuesday, September 10, 2013
- Hudson County Smart Growth Award Goes to 1415 Park Avenue in Hoboken Monday, August 5, 2013
- Up to date style derives from | OK1037.COM: [...] liked pattern pertaining to older kids. The ...
- Solutions To Your Internet Hosting Difficulties | chinalghe-com: [...] come when the website hosting firm all of a ...
- Gyrating Around the World in 90 Days | Jade Dressler: [...] We looked southward and marveled not just at...
- pulseoxygen » Blog Archive » Odds are good, you intimately know which usually: [...] breathing. It statistic makes certain that i...
- bycorsini » Blog Archive » Which experts claim statistic will mean that as long as: [...] breathing. Whom information mean that knowin...