- Overview of co-generation installations in New York City buildings, including Millennium Tower in Battery Park City
- Columbia earns top grade for sustainability among U.S. university campuses
- Port Authority may miss deadline for turning over site of Tower 2 to Larry Silverstein at Ground Zero
- Friends of Hudson River Park study: green space translates into higher property values
- Extend the solar tax credit and bring more jobs to New York City
- New York City is America’s fifth-most sustainable city
- JetBlue’s Terminal 5 opens at JFK
- Viacom may now be leaving LEED-EB hopeful 1515 Broadway for space in Hudson Square
- New York State still exploring wind power project 10 miles out from Rockaways
- Although Conde Nast could still move to Hudson Yards, according to SJP Properties’ Steve Pozycki, the Barclay’s purchase of Lehman headquarters “buttresses the Times Square market.”
- LEED hopeful Edge condos in Williamsburg now making house calls to lure potential purchasers
Green Ranks for Columbia & NYC, Viacom May Be Out at 1515 Broadway, JetBlue’s T5 Opens, & Wind Power Off the Rockaways
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of September 21, 2008, including high ranks for Columbia University and the Big Apple itself in sustainability, rumblings that Viacom may still leave SL Green’s LEED-EB hopeful 1515 Broadway, the opening of JetBlue’s $875 million Terminal 5 at JFK, and a joint effort from LIPA and ConEd to study the feasibility of an off-shore wind farm, 10 miles off of the Rockaways in Queens.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
1515 Broadway, Brooklyn, co-generation, Columbia University, Conde Nast, green construction, green design, green legislation, Ground Zero, Hudson Yards, JetBlue, JFK, Larry Silverstein, LEED, Lehman Brothers, Millennium Tower, New York City, Port Authority, SJP Properties, solar tax credits, T5, The Edge, Viacom, Williamsburg
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Green Power Hits the Radio Waves ... Affects Construction Industry | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] heating equipment trade organizations, contr...
- LEED Revocation and De-Certification: What Do the Experts Say? | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] Stephen Del Percio, Green Real Estate Law Jo...
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...