- Turmoil on Wall Street could translate into slowdown of commercial office construction- much of it planned to be LEED-certified- across New York City
- Fourth annual Park(ing) Day takes place in Manhattan
- LEED Gold-certified Millennium Tower Residences in Battery Park City winner in green category of 2008 Design Excellence Awards
- Architect injured at construction site of new Goldman Sachs tower files negligence suit against bank, Tishman Construction, and others
- Viacom to stay at SL Green’s 1515 Broadway, undergoing LEED-EB capital improvement program
- Rafael Vinoly’s LEED Silver hopeful Brooklyn Children’s Museum formally opens to public
- More glass falls from LEED Platinum hopeful Bank of America Tower- this time, from the 50th floor
Wall Street and LEED, Green Award for Millennium Tower, & Opening of Brooklyn Children’s Museum
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of September 14, 2008, including (of course) what the fallout from the ongoing chaos on Wall Street might mean for a number of planned LEED projects, from the new Goldman Sachs headquarters tower to the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site itself, a design excellence award for Battery Park City’s LEED Gold-certified Millennium Tower Residences, a report that Viacom will remain at SL Green’s 1515 Broadway as the tower undergoes a LEED-EB capital improvement program, the opening of the Rafael Vinoly-designed LEED Silver hopeful Brooklyn Children’s Museum, and more falling glass- this time from the 50th floor- at LEED Platinum hopeful Bank of America Tower.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Green Power Hits the Radio Waves ... Affects Construction Industry | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] heating equipment trade organizations, contr...
- LEED Revocation and De-Certification: What Do the Experts Say? | Best Practices Construction Law: [...] Stephen Del Percio, Green Real Estate Law Jo...
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...