- Canon set to build LEED Silver headquarters in Melville; 690,000-square-foot building to be Long Island’s largest.
- Developers of $2B Xanadu project in New Jersey Meadowlands are not complying with DEP green building requirements for project.
- Extended schedule, ballooning budget for LEED Gold hopeful World Trade Center redevelopment efforts.
- Green buildings make strong showing on Brookly Chamber of Commerce’s 8th annual Building Brooklyn Awards; winners to be feted on July 17 at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Latest renderings of High Line revealed.
- 7 WTC tenant ABN Amro seeking to sublet 140,000 square feet; 14 floors still available at $75 per square foot
Brooklyn (Green) Building Awards, No Green at Xanadu, Long Island’s Biggest Green Building, & 14 Floors Empty at 7 WTC
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of June 29, 2008, including a number of green buildings earning spots on the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce’s 8th annual Building Brooklyn Awards, bad news at Ground Zero on a number of fronts, missing green features at the $2 billion Xanadu project in the New Jersey Meadowlands, and the unveiling of what will soon be Long Island’s largest green building.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...
- Fresno criminal lawyer: their network and it spreads like wildfire.can... ...
- Southern Builders v. Shaw Development: The Most Important Part! | Green Building Law Update: [...] The Anatomy of America’s First Green B...