- Construction on the High Line is progressing; section between Gansevoort and 20th Street still scheduled to open by close of 2008.
- City Room examines how government and citizens can promote smart growth along the Hudson River
- First-ever America-Israel Green Buildings Conference held in New Jersey Meadowlands.
- Manhattan office vacancy rate on the rise to 6.9 percent in May from 5.3 percent at start of year; Midtown Class A rate at 7.1 percent with space at Bank of America Tower coming on line.
- Mayor Bloomberg announces creation of office to expedite redevelopment of local brownfields as contemplated by PlaNYC.
- Port Authority to miss June 30 deadline for completing WTC Tower 2 (Foster) excavation; Silverstein to commence foundation work regardless on July 1.
- United Technologies’ UTC Power selected to provide 12 fuel cells (totaling 4.8 megawatts) for Freedom Tower and Towers 2, 3, and 4.
Clean Power at Ground Zero, Midtown Office Vacancies, & PlaNYC Brownfields Office
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of June 8, 2008, including the Port Authority’s selection of a fuel cell provider for clean power at the World Trade Center redevelopment, an increase in Class A Midtown office vacancies since the start of the year thanks to an influx of new and subleased space from, among others, Bank of America Tower, the creation of a new office to expedite the redevelopment of New York City brownfields, and the first-ever America-Israel Green Buildings Conference held in the Meadowlands.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
America-Israel Green Buildings Conference, brownfields redevelopment, Class A, clean power, Freedom Tower, green office space, High Line, Hudson River, Larry Silverstein, Mayor Bloomberg, Midtown, PlaNYC 2030, Port Authority, smart growth, Tower 2, United Technologies, Week in GreeNYC, World Trade Center redevelopment
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...