- Bronx-based materials supplier ReBuilders Source collects construction debris that might otherwise wind up in local landfills
- Designed by Philly-based Alesker & Dundon Architecture LLC, $300 million, 45-story Trump Tower Philadelphia to seek LEED Silver rating
- Increasing numbers of New Yorkers are falling behind on their energy bill payments
- JPMorgan’s plans for Beer Belly Building headquarters at Ground Zero appear to be dead; bank is expected to move operations into Bear Stearns Building at 383 Madison Avenue in Midtown
- Stevens Building at New Canaan Country School in Connecticut earns LEED rating from USGBC; project team included Butler, Rogers, Baskett Architects, and Turner Construction
Requiem for Beer Belly Building, ReBuilders Source in Bronx, & LEED Projects in Philly & New Canaan
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of May 11, 2008, including the likely end of plans for JPMorgan Chase’s new LEED Platinum headquarters at Ground Zero, a profile of Bronx-based recycled materials supplier ReBuilders Source, and new LEED projects for Donald Trump in Philadelphia and the New Canaan Country School in Connecticut.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...