- Blue Sea Development “bucking” the trend of projects registering but not achieving LEED certification with affordable Morrisania Homes, Melrose Commons V, and Fox Leggett projects in the Bronx
- City selects Gowanus Green to develop LEED Gold & LEED-ND development along Gowanus Canal between 5th and Smith Streets
- Despite budget cuts, New York Theater Workshop’s LEED-certified scenery, costume, and prop shop at 72 East 4th Street to proceed with May 14 ground-breaking
- New Mancini Duffy-designed AOL headquarters at 770 Broadway to seek LEED rating
- Port Authority head Anthony Shorris resigns; had recently proposed carbon neutral agency by 2010
- The Green Issue appears in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine
City Selects Gowanus Green; LEED for AOL HQ & New York Theater Workshop
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of April 12, 2008, including a number of affordable LEED projects on the way in the Bronx in addition to the Morrisania Homes, the City’s selection of Gowanus Green for a LEED-ND development along the Gowanus Canal, and potential LEED-certified spaces for AOL at 770 Broadway and the New York Theater Workshop at 72 East 4th Street.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...