- Columbia’s LEED-ND expansion into Manhattanville challenged via Article 78 proceeding in New York Supreme Court.
- Madison Square Garden will stay put and renovate, casting Moynihan Station & Farley Post Office redevelopment project in doubt
- Regional Plan Association pushing for Trans-Hudson Express (“THE”) Tunnel, which will double capacity into Penn Station from New Jersey during rush hour, to extend to Grand Central Station as well
- Silver Wild Center/Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks, first LEED-certified museum in the State of New York, to host climate change conference on July 25 -26
- ULI: managing construction costs a matter of “good planning;” LEED Silver premium is “negligible,” Gold is “down to five percent.”
- What is Green Architecture? series of talks kicks off at Goethe-Institut on UES this Tuesday, April 1
Local LEED Premium, THE Tunnel to Grand Central, MSG v. Moynihan, & What is Green Architecture?
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of March 23, 2008, including a legal challenge filed on Wednesday to Columbia’s LEED-ND expansion plans, an announcement from Madison Square Garden that could destroy the Moynihan Station project, thoughts from ULI on the local LEED construction premium and building costs, and the potential expansion of the THE Tunnel into Grand Central Station.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- Greening The Green Bottle: Heineken USA's LEED Headquarters | EarthTechling: [...] including beer bottles. (The elevator lobby ...
- New York’s LEDs Shine Light On Efficiency | EarthTechling: [...] boast might be the LEED Gold rating that the...
- Ohio Introduces Legislation to Mandate Green Building Certification | Ohio Environmental Law Blog: [...] Is Ohio delegating legislative authority?&nb...
- Construction Begins at the Duggal Greenhouse - Duggal Visual Solutions: [...] Click here to read about the Greenhouse on G...
- 11 Slider Images of the Bronx Show Remarkable Growth over Time: [...] is energy- and water-efficient, and was buil...