- Clarkson University joins USGBC, hopes to install 195 kW microturbine system on campus.
- Governor Paterson supports congestion pricing, Bloomberg plan to obtain approval by close of March.
- HL23 “raising the bar” on green building in “architectural wonderland” of West Chelsea.
- Ouroussoff: New York City’s Starchitect condo buildings (including HL23 & 100 Eleventh Avenue) may take place in history as “gorgeous tokens of a rampantly narcissistic age.”
- Ratner: delays at $4B Atlantic Yards project may not defeat it.
“Rampantly Narcissistic” LEED Condos, Paterson Support for Congestion Pricing, & Defiant Atlantic Yards
gbNYC selects green news items of note that were reported across the New York City area during the week of March 16, 2008, including thoughts on New York City’s current crop of high-end condo buildings- many of which will be LEED-certified- from the Times’ Nicolai Ouroussoff, Governor Paterson’s support for congestion pricing in Manhattan, and the refusal of Bruce Ratner’s “green” Atlantic Yards project to disappear, despite ongoing delays and devolving market conditions.
gbNYC is a multi-disciplinary consulting and real estate services firm. In addition to representing office tenants and commercial buyers in leasing and acquisitions, we also provide innovative consulting solutions from a unique, green building perspective. We advise on green building financial incentives, comment on proposed green building marketing strategies, author white papers, treatises, and market analyses, organize seminars on the LEED process and professional accreditation, and provide advice and analysis on green building risk management and the overall state of green real estate, leasing, and construction, in New York City and beyond.
Our blog, the gbNYC+ journal of real estate, law, + sustainability, delivers consistent, original content - from a New York City perspective - on how technology, data, and sustainability are changing how we interact with our built environment. Subscribe below and receive new articles as they're published or connect with our social media presence to join our ongoing conversation about real estate and sustainability, in the Big Apple and beyond. Contact us at (201) 835-8530 or info@gbNYC.com for more information about our services and to discuss how we can assist you.
all gbNYC+ blog topics
about our company
receive our monthly newsletter
- Twitter in Talks to Take Quarter of Space at 51 Astor Place Friday, November 29, 2013
- Better Buildings Partnership Adds MOU, Unveils Updated Green Lease Toolkit Thursday, November 21, 2013
- In Ground Zero First, 4 World Trade Center Set to Open Its Doors Friday, November 8, 2013
- The Missing Link: More Data Is Key for Building Energy Retrofit Market Friday, November 1, 2013
- At 510 Madison, BXP Lands Freakonomics Firm in Triple-Digit Penthouse Deal Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- oldschoolnewbodyf4xreview: Thank you for this article, I liked your site on t...
- Ikea, Skanska Unveil First Prefab BoKlok Show Home in Gateshead, England | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] light of MoMA’s looming exhibition on the ...
- Monday LEEDoff: Albanese’s Visionaire in Battery Park City Casts Eyes on Platinum | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] Verdesian rental building achieving LEED Pla...
- SJP Properties’ LEED Silver 11 Times Square Moving Forward Through Tighter Market | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] article also suggests that the similarly spe...
- Vornado Hopes to Swing for Groundbreaking at Harlem Tower with Major League Baseball | gbNYC Real Estate Group | Commercial Real Estate & Green Buildings in New York City: [...] the summer, we wrote about the Swanke Hayden...